The Life Story Network (LSN) CIC is a national network, using life story work and building relationships to achieve excellent quality, compassionate care, support and drive cultural change.
LSN hosts tide – together in dementia everyday, a unique national involvement network for carers and former carers of people with dementia
As a not for profit Community Interest Company; The Life Story Network is exempt from being registered with the Information Commissioners Office, but this does not exempt us from being compliant with the 8 principles of Data Protection and ensuring that everyone within the organisation is conversant and compliant with these principles Those principles are:
- Fair and lawful
- A specific purpose
- Adequate, Accurate, not excessive
- Kept up to date
- Kept only as long as necessary
- Processed in accordance with the data subjects rights
- Kept secure
- Not transferred outside the EEA without adequate protections
We take your right to privacy very seriously and are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Any personal information we obtain will be treated in line with this commitment and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Further information about the Data Protection act can be found by following the link below:
By visiting tide.uk.net hosted by Life Story Network you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy
WHEN WE COLLECT INFORMATION AND WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We collect information about you when you sign up to tide – together in dementia everyday either on our website or on the tear off slip on the tide leaflet. We also collect information when you provide feedback and participate in surveys concerning issues that are pertinent and really matter to people living with dementia and their carers including: their rights, health & social care, housing, transport, leisure and employment issues, training etc. (not an exhaustive list as others areas emerge in the context of research studies). Website usage information is collected using cookies.
With regards to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); the pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page, any phone number used to call our customer service number, and email addresses used to contact us.
HOW WILL WE USE THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
We collect information about you in order to record and update your details on our database of members, to keep you updated about the tide network and to email you about participation in events and surveys etc. We use your information collected from the website to personalise your repeat visits to our website and to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
We will use the information you provide to us in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, including in relation to what tide is doing to promote the rights of carers of people with dementia and enabling them to have a powerful collective voice;
- To provide you with any newsletters, mailings or other publications;
- To contact you in relation to any forms you have completed or feedback you have provided;
- To further our aims and to develop fundraising activities;
- To notify you of any changes to what we are offering you as members of tide, for example any products, services or publications;
- To develop and improve our how tide will continue to work with you as members and improve what we offer to support your wider involvement in critical areas;
- To ensure that the content on our Website is presented in an effective and user-friendly manner, to ensure we give you, as tide members, the best experience on our site.
In addition to the above, we may use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- As part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
- To compile anonymous statistics and research in the course of our work in order to help us meet our aims and improve what we do in working with you as tide members.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND CORRECTION
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us at the following address:
The Life Story Network CiC
151 Dale Street
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We take appropriate measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date. We use strict security measures in respect of the systems used to store information and to protect against unauthorized access. We keep it only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was intended, or for as long as we are legally required to keep it.
Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, there are inherent risks with providing information over the internet and we cannot therefore guarantee the security of information you provide to us. All such information is provided at your own risk.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
HOW TO CONTACT US
By email Julie@lifestorynetwork.org.uk or write to us at: 151 Dale Street, Liverpool L2 2AH